Who We Are
We are building Revolut for Africa. Over 80% of the money sent to Africa is done with physical cash. The remaining 20% is done via digital channels but are subject to multiple layers of fees and paperwork. Our easy-to-use app allows anyone to quickly send money from GBP or USD (EUR coming soon!) to all major African currencies at the lowest rates available.
Payments in Africa are 1% built. We aspire to bring 21st century payment technology to Africa to create a low cost and highly reliable set of payment rails that friends, family and businesses can use. When payments are simple, reliable and available at the touch of a button, anything is possible.
We are proud to be an African Fintech Startup with a global team serving an international audience. By building payment channels and infrastructure, we enable lightning-fast payments to every corner of the African continent. Our tech is built by world-class engineers from around the world and we are proud to serve all communities, everyone from bustling cities to peaceful villages. It is our privilege to partner with these local communities go on this journey together.
We are supported by the world’s most prestigious accelerators and VCs. We are backed by Y-Combinator (early backers of AirBnB, DropBox, GitLab, etc), Accel (GoCardless, Monzo, etc), and a long list of high profile Angel Investors who were personally in building Monzo, Robinhood, ComplyAdvantage, Luno, Simple, and many more!
We are looking for a passionate, creative and tenacious UK Community Lead to join the team. You will be working extremely closely with our current community manager, the Head of Growth and CEO to connect with the diaspora communities across the UK. On top of managing meaningful relationships with community leaders, you will also be recruiting and leading a team of community and student ambassadors to share NALA's story and benefits. Community work is at the heart of what we do at NALA and this role will be at the heart of it all.
In the first 6 months, we would love for you to:
Reports Into: Head of Growth
Location: This role is based in the UK. We are a fully remote team distributed from London/Nigeria (GMT) to Kenya (EAT).
Accessibility and Inclusion: We want every interview to be as comfortable so you can focus on showing us as much of you as possible. Our interviews are typically conducted via Zoom. If there are adjustments we can make to assist you in the hiring process, please do let us know in your application.
We fully recognise that interviewing is a time intensive thing and we are not in the business of wasting anyone's time. We have a super simple application process which requires just a CV, 3 application questions and an optional cover letter. We will predominantly use the CV and application questions to determine if you have the skills and motivation to work at Nala. If you would like add any other information that you think will be important, please feel free to use the cover letter to highlight this.
This will be a 30min conversation with our Head of Growth where we want to learn more about you and your experience. We will dig deeper into the responsibilities that you have held in the past, especially those relevant to these roles.
This will be a 1hr interview with our Head of Growth and CEO. In this interview we want to delve deeper into your experience working with communities and also your motivation for NALA.
We know that finding a job can be stressful. It can be really hard to tick all the boxes for any job description however we encourage you to apply even if you cannot tick every single of the box. Here is what we are looking for:
These are some nice to haves that would really get our attention:
Competitive local rates and significant equity. We would love to have an open discussion with you and we are more than happy to discuss further and look after every situation on a case by case basis depending on experience and interview performance.
We want to build a bank for the African diaspora globally, initially by starting with remittances of diaspora sending money home. We believe this is critical to solve to channel economic value back to the African continent. We believe using remittances is one of the best forms of true economic development and we would like to use it as an entry point before building new layers of financial services for the African diaspora.